Monday, October 25, 2010

Marty's Raspberry Jello Dessert/ Salad

I never know if I should call this a salad or a dessert. It tastes like a dessert to me but I have heard to it referred to as a salad....because there's Jello in it? I am not sure. Either way, it is delicious! Some of my friends have been asking me to post this for a while now and I am finally getting around to it. It is fairly easy and very delicious! Just make sure you have some time when you make it because it has to set in the fridge for a couple of hours! I hope you love this as much as I do! Enjoy!

Here are the ingredients: frozen raspberries (yum!), pretzels, sugar, butter, cool whip, cream cheese, and raspberry jello.

For the first layer you need to crush up pretzels until you have 1 1/2 cups of crushed pretzels. I like to crush them in a handy thing like this but I have also just crushed them by sticking them in a zip-loc bag and hammering them.

Next you melt a cube of butter. Add 1/2 cup white sugar and the crushed pretzels to the melted butter and mix it around with a fork.

Dump it into a greased 9x13 pan and spread it around until the pretzel mixture is evenly spread. Bake it at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.

When it comes out it should look something like this! Not too different from the last picture but the sugar, butter, and pretzels are sticking together better now. Let it cool before adding the next layer to it.

Now we can move onto the 2nd layer. For this layer you need to soften 8 oz of cream cheese. Then mix it together with 1/2 cup of sugar and 1- 8 oz container of cool whip. I usually mix it with a mixer.

It should look something like this after you mix it up!

Spread it onto the pretzel mixture once the pretzel mixture has cooled. Refrigerate it until it is cool. I usually just stick it in the fridge for 10-20 minutes. It depends on how much time you have while making the dessert/salad.

It's time for layer #3. For this layer you dissolve 6 oz of Raspberry Jello into 2 cups of boiling water. Remove from heat and immediately add 1 bag or 2 boxes of frozen raspberries. Stir it around until the raspberries are not sticking together anymore.

Then pour the raspberry mixture on top of everything else. Refrigerate for around 2 hours or until the Jello is firm.

Then you serve it! You will love it and will want to eat more than one piece for sure! I can't get enough of it whenever I make it! I hope you love it too!

Marty's Raspberry Jello Salad/Dessert

Ingredients:

Crust:
1 1/2 cups of crushed pretzels
1/2 cup of sugar
1 cube of butter

Press crust into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Cool.

2nd Layer:
8 oz of softened cream cheese
1/2 cup of sugar
8 oz of cool whip

Cream together and spread on crust. Refrigerate until cooled.

3rd Layer:
Dissolve 6 oz of Raspberry Jello in 2 cups of boiling water. Add 1 bag or 2 boxes of unsweetened frozen raspberries. Refrigerate until Jello is firm.

*This is best if you make the Raspberry Jello layer the day you plan to eat it! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment