Sunday, September 19, 2010

Strawberries, Ice Cream, & Rice Krispies Dessert

Okay, so I LOVE Rice Krispie Treats. And when I heard this dessert had Rice Krispies, AND ice cream, AND strawberries....I was instantly interested. Did it disappoint me in the least?? Definitely not. I liked it more, the more I ate it...which could potentially be a bad thing...
One of my co-workers accidentally left this recipe on our computer at work and I stole it and made it. It is easy. It is delicious. Give it a try while it's still warm outside! I didn't do step by step directions for this one but they might show up in the near future.

Ingredients:

1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cube Butter
2 cups Rice Krispies (generic works too)
1/2 gal Vanilla Ice Cream, sliced
Sliced Fresh Strawberries (mixed up with a little sugar!)
Chocolate Syrup

Directions:

Heat butter and brown sugar on med/low. Stir in rice krispies. Spread the mixture on the bottom of a well greased 9x13 pan. Place the sliced ice-cream on top of the rice krispie mixture, filling the pan. Freeze at least 1 hour. Remove 5 minutes before serving. Top with strawberries and chocolate syrup if you want. My family likes it with chocolate syrup. I prefer just the strawberries. Try either one or both! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment