Saturday, June 19, 2010

Breakfast Casserole

A couple of weeks ago my mom made this casserole for a family breakfast. I LOVED it! I think I went back for seconds, and thirds, and....possibly even fourths. (Although I am not sure I should admit that!) That is how good this Breakfast Casserole is. I made it the other day for dinner for some friends and it was a hit! It is easy and it is delicious. I know you will love it!

The ingredients: 30 oz Hash Browns, 2 cups of shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, 2 cups of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, 2 cups of chopped Ham, 4 eggs, 1 cup of Half & Half, 1/2 teaspoon of Seasoning Salt, 1/3 cup of Butter (I forgot to picture it), and Green Onions (optional).

Okay so first you grease a 9x13 pan. Then you pour the thawed out Hash Browns into the bottom of the pan. They will come up to almost the top of the pan. Then you pour 1/3 cup of melted Butter over the whole thing. Then you stick it in the oven at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.

While this is cooking you can chop up your Ham, Onions, and shred your Cheese if it is not already shredded.

Now you can start on the little mixture. Crack 4 Eggs into a bowl.

Add 1 cup of Half & Half.

And 1/2 teaspoon of Seasoning Salt.

Then you mix it all together! I just mixed it around with a fork but you can mix it however you like!

When the Hash Browns come out of the oven sprinkle on the 2 cups of Ham.

Then sprinkle on the 4 cups of cheese. (I used a little under 4 because I am not much of a cheese fan and it was still great!)

Then if you want to, you can sprinkle on the green onions. This is about 1 cup of green onions. Then you pour the Egg and Half & Half mixture evenly over the whole thing! Stick it in the oven and let it cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

When it comes out it should look something like this! Except for I took this picture after I had already cut it into pieces. I was just so excited to eat it I forgot all about the picture first! Anyway, you get the idea. It is delicious! I like to serve it with salsa. It makes it even better! Enjoy!

Breakfast Casserole

Layer 1

30 oz bag frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and drained.

1/3 c melted butter

Press hash browns in greased 9x13 pan.

Drizzle butter over the top of the Hash Browns.

Bake @425 for 25 minutes.


Layer 2

2 c diced Ham

2 c grated Cheddar Cheese

2 c grated Monterey Jack Cheese

1 c. chopped Green Onions (optional)

Sprinkle over the first layer- start with the Ham.


Layer 3

4 eggs

1 c half and half

½ tsp seasoning salt

Mix together and pour over the top of everything else.

Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hailey, how didn't I know about this blog before? I am always looking for new cooking blogs for ideas. We love breakfast casseroles at our house, so I will have to give this one a try. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hailey,

    This recipe is super fantastic. Thanks for sharing. You are a great cook.

    ReplyDelete