Monday, May 17, 2010

Chewy Brownie Cookies

Have you ever debated between making cookies or brownies? I know I have. Here is the perfect solution...Chewy Brownie Cookies. They are moist, chocolatey and delicious! They aren't super sweet either, which was a surprise for me. My mom used to make them when I was younger but hasn't made them in years. I found the recipe and mixed a batch up. The result? Success! They were even better than I had remembered!




Here are the ingredients: Crisco, Brown Sugar, Cocoa, Eggs, Water, Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, Vanilla, Salt, and Baking Soda.





First things first. Put 2/3 cup of Shortening (Crisco), 1 1/2 cups of Brown Sugar, 1 teaspoon of Vanilla, and 1 Tablespoon of Water in a bowl. Mix it up with a mixer until it is evenly mixed.



Add 2 eggs and mix again.



Add 1 1/2 cups of Flour, 1/3 cup of Cocoa, 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix it up with a mixer. Then add 2 cups of Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips. Mix in the Chocolate Chips.


The finished product should look like this!


Drop by spoonfuls onto a non-greased cookie sheet. I like to make them kind of small because the smaller the cookie, the more you feel like you can have! But that's just me. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.


Here is the finished product! If you like the cookies kind of airy just eat them like this. I like mine a little more dense so I flatten mine with a spatula right after I remove them from the oven. Try both ways and see what you like!




And since these are chocolate cookies, enjoy them with a cup of cold milk! They are great!



Chewy Brownie Cookies

Ingredients:

2/3 cup Shortening (crisco)

1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar

1 Tablespoon Water

1 teaspoon Vanilla

2 Eggs

1 1/2 cups Flour

1/3 cup Cocoa

1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda

1/2 teaspoon Salt

2 cups Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips


Preparation Instructions:

Combine Shortening, Brown Sugar, Water and Vanilla. Beat until well blended. Add eggs and beat again. Combine Flour, Cocoa, Baking Soda, and Salt. Mix into creamed mixture. Stir in Chocolate Chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

*This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookes.

No comments:

Post a Comment